Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sometimes, I Hope I'm Wrong

Okay, I hope I'm wrong here, because I think I just saw something that made my stomach turn.

Flipping channels, I found out there's a show on the science channel on today called "The Next Wave: Science of Tsunamis" - not so much an educational show as it is one of those scare-you shows about maybe possibly someday hypothetical probably more likely in about 150 million years according to real geophysicists mega-disasters that could happen to you.

I'm sorry, science channel, did you think this was an opportune time after the disaster in Japan to scare people and raise your ratings? Did you think you could benefit when so many people are in misery right now? 'Cause that would be insensitive, disgusting, and just wrong.

But maybe it's just a coincidence?

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims who are suffering now in my favorite place in the world, Nippon.

No comments:

Post a Comment