Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Addiction is You

To my husband:

My love
You cannot possibly fathom how incredibly boring my life is without you
Nor can you grasp the loneliness I feel when you are away
Just your presence makes my day worth living
Your smile, your voice, your skin, or your laugh
These are the things I need and crave
Everything I see or hear I want to share with you
Because everything I experience reminds me of you
When I said forever, I didn't mean some far-reaching hour years from now
I meant every moment between now and then
Like a child consumed with thoughts of Christmas morning
My every thought is fixated on your return to me
As if my mind and heart are already there
And the time in between is nothing more than a bad dream
If love is a sickness, I am gravely ill
Addicted to you, this withdrawal will surely be the death of me
But I want the symptom, not the cure
So please, the only gift I ever want
Is you

- wit - 

No comments:

Post a Comment