Tuesday, April 12, 2011

List it Tuesday: One-handed

As I'm currently traveling, today's list is typed. I present to you:

Tasks you need 2 hands to do
(or: things I haven't been able to do with only 1 hand just this past week)
  • Open a jar, bottle, bag... or any package really
  • Push and steer a grocery cart
  • Eat with a fork and knife
  • Handle a suitcase
  • Put on a bra
  • Cut/peel fruits or vegetables for cooking
  • Effectively type
  • Hold open a paperback book and read it
  • Shave
  • Hold a cup of ice cream and eat it with a spoon
Only being able to use one hand has made me quite aware of the dexterity I'm missing. Thankfully I'm right-handed and it's the left that's out of commission, but there are still so many activities that require both. Thank the heavens for opposable thumbs... I'm so looking forward to being healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment